Monday 30 May 2016

A day out in Plymouth

It was such a lovely day yesterday I decided to go with my eldest grandaughter onto Plymouth Hoe, it was boiling hot already by 9am! We started out by sitting by Smeatons Tower and looking out to sea at the boats going by -


My reason for going on the Hoe was to find and photograph the names of three of my ancestors who had died in the last war, their names are among thousands on the Naval Memorial there. Luckily I had their plaque numbers so was able to find them easily -


After having a lovely ice-cream on the Barbican we strolled across the footbridge and went into the Aquarium which is the largest aquarium in the UK. I took some photos and here are a few of them -


Seahorses first, my grandaughter loves these and I have to say, they are very sweet



Say 'Cheese!', a shark giving me a lovely? toothy grin 


Clown Fish, always so pretty to see

Sleeping octopus, yesterday was the first time we have seen him as he's usually hidden in some rocks!


Jellyfish, these always look stunning!


Anemone, very pretty.

As usual I didn't get the names of anything I took pictures of :-( hopefully I will remember next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment